9.10.2009

Rain

I woke up this morning to the sound of rain outside my open window.  I could feel the breeze and breathe in the clean smell of the mist that put me at ease.  On a cool fall day when it's not too hot, not too cold and I have nowhere to go I don't mind the rain. In fact I enjoy it.  The sound is relaxing as it taps at my window.  The smell is so fresh and new that I just want to open all the windows and let it febreze the whole house!  A few days ago I was saying differently simply because we had planned to take a day trip to Williamsburg and it was shot due to rain.  It's one of those things.  I hate when it inconveniences me, but if it works with my schedule it's nice.  Can't help it, that's just how we are, right.  So today as Jason left for work (and to take his test for promotion (good luck)) I got to fall back to a peaceful sleep to the sound of the rhythm of the rain on my windowsill.  Alex even slept in a little, because apparently he sleeps better in a warm house.  With the air on all the time he had to sleep with a blanket and somehow his legs were always a little chilled when he woke up.  Now that we've turned the air off and left the windows open all day the air in the house is cooled and lasts all night which makes it just comfortable enough for him to sleep without a blanket and be the perfect temperature.  For two consecutive nights now he slept for 10+ hours and was rested and happy when he woke up!  We're starting to think that he's going to be with us on the strong preference to warm weather over cold. 
A rain poem for your reading pleasure;

Rain by Shel Silverstein

I opened my eyes
And looked up at the rain,
And it dripped in my head
And flowed into my brain,
And all that I hear as I lie in my bed
Is the slishity-slosh of the rain in my head.
I step very softly,
I walk very slow,
I can't do a handstand--
I might overflow,
So pardon the wild crazy thing I just said--
I'm just not the same since there's rain in my head.

No comments: