9.17.2009

My paragraph on TP and other things

Ordinary people just suddenly come up with the most brilliant ideas for the simplest of things and make millions, as well as an amazingly useful product that the world can never again live without!  Where does that creativity come from?  Some of our common, absolute necessities today were once just a flicker in some genious' mind!  The lightbulb came on and history was made, and the world was never the same again.  Some of the things I couldn't exist without; like if it were suddenly banished I might die  be a very miserable, crabby person for the rest of my earthly existence.  But really, how did people think of this stuff before it existed as an everyday commodity?
  • chap-stik?!!!?!?!!  Seriously, I might have had a stroke by now if I couldn't apply and reapply eighteen thousand times every day.
  • lotion?!?!?!!  Ditto from above, I'm a little bit wee slightly most definitely addicted to both and must have both on my person, or at least within arms reach all day every day, so I have them stashed everywhere and when I'm at work I can not fully function, and be happy doing it, without both.  If I happen to forget and go through an entire day without both to reapply and repeat all eighteen thousand times while I'm at work I'm thinking about how something doesn't feel right, all day.  It's sad really.  My names Jessica and I'm a chappylotiaholic.
  • fingernail clippers, have one of those in my work bag too, weird I know, but it's gross to bite them and they get on my nerves if not perfectly trimmed at all times.
  • tp...  hello?!!!!  Seriously, what did they do before THIS stuff, eww...  Noveltp.com/trivia says "In our age, Joseph Gayetty invented toilet paper in 1857. His new toilet paper was composed of flat sheets. Before Gayetty's invention, people tore pages out of mail order catalogs - before catalogs were common, leaves were used. Unfortunately, Gayetty's invention failed. Walter Alcock (of Great Britain) later developed toilet paper on a roll ( instead of in flat sheets). Again, the invention failed.
    In 1867, Thomas, Edward and Clarence Scott (brothers from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA) were successful at marketing toilet paper that consisted of a small roll of perforated paper . They sold their new toilet paper from a push cart - this was the beginning of the Scott Paper Company."~ Thank goodness for them!!!

No comments: